CloudFail – Utilize misconfigured DNS Find hidden IP’s behind the CloudFlare network
CloudFail is a tactical reconnaissance tool that aims to gather enough information about a target protected by Cloudflare in the hopes of discovering the location of the server. Using Tor to mask all requests, the tool as of right now has 3 different attack phases.
- Misconfigured DNS scan using DNSDumpster.com.
- Scan the Crimeflare.com database.
- Bruteforce scan over 2500 subdomains.
This tool is a PoC (Proof of Concept) and does not guarantee results. It is possible to setup Cloudflare properly so that the IP is never released or logged anywhere; this is not often the case and hence why this tool exists. This tool is only for academic purposes and testing under controlled environments. Do not use without obtaining proper authorization from the network owner of the network under testing. The author bears no responsibility for any misuse of the tool.
To run a scan against a target:
python cloudfail.py --target seo.com
To run a scan against a target using Tor:
service tor start
(or if you are using Windows or Mac install Vidalia or just run the Tor browser)
python cloudfail.py --target seo.com --tor
Please feel free to contribute to this project. If you have an idea or improvement issue a pull request!
Other Tools you may like:
- Top 10 Phishing Tools - 10th April 2020
- Distributed Hash Cracking Hashcat Hashtopolis Tutorial - 30th March 2020
- Cracking Password Hashes with Hashcat Rule-based attack - 27th March 2020