As the technology is evolving the Tech giants are also continuously trying to cope up with the rate of development, Facebook The world’s largest Social Media platform has always come up with new ideas of increasing users satisfaction.
Facebook till now has been mainly focusing on adding new features to their applications like Facebook application, Facebook Messenger, and Facebook Page Manager.
It was announced in back 2015 that facebook will be working on adding a feature of AI- assistant to their Messenger.
So, Facebook has launched its digital assistant named as “M” for US users of its Messenger Application.
For users of the messaging platform, M will pop up and suggest “helpful actions” in the chat window.
“M relies on AI machine learning techniques. It suggests relevant actions to help manage conversations or help get things done. We are bringing the power of M’s AI technology to support and enhance the Messenger experience and make it more useful, personal and seamless.” said the product managers Laurent Landowski and Kemal El Moujahid in their blog post.
M will be available for IOS and Android versions of the Messenger only.
Suggestions from M appear when it recognizes intent in a conversation and initially will include the following actions:
1. Sharing your Location: M suggest an option to share your location during a conversation.
2. Sending Stickers: M suggest fun stickers for daily life conversations.
3. Making Plans: M helps out making a plan if you are talking about meeting or get together.
4. Starting a Poll in a Group Conversation.
5. Paying and Requesting Money: If you are talking about sending money then it will suggest you an easy method to send or request money.
6. Getting a Ride: If you are planning to go out it suggests “get a ride” and gives an option of Uber or Lyft.
Facebook has released this feature in to compete against services from Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple and Samsung, which is launching its new assistant with its newest smartphone.
- Making Yourself A Free Text To Speech Program In Linux in 5 Minutes! - 27th February 2018
- Norway Healthcare Data Breach, Up to 2.9 Million People Affected - 22nd January 2018
- OnePlus Hacked: 40,000 Customers Affected by the Hack - 21st January 2018